28 January 2008

Out of the frying pan....

...and into the fire! And it was by choice! So I'm not complaining about that. Just about teenagers in general I suppose. I don't suppose it's any easier raising a teenager when you've been raising them since birth. But I sometimes think that having done that gives you an advantage as far as knowing your kid and being able to know what the heck to do with them I guess. But then again, there are plenty of parents who have been there the whole time and it's still like dealing with an entirely new person when their kid reaches the "terrible teens"! To quote Bill Cosby, children are brain damaged!! I don't know when they stop being brain damaged, but man, I hope it's soon! Seriously, this kid is bright...but holy crap, she is dumb as a rock sometimes and you think, is this the same kid?? What happened to my honor roll student??? Who is this brain damaged child?

1 comment:

joanne said...

How funny! That sounds about right. It's not unusual, just remember that. I remember being a bit brain damaged at that age.

Oh wait, I still am brain damaged!!