29 January 2008

Bastards!

It snowed all of about half an inch....if that...last night. Well, more in certain areas of the city. But where I live, we didn't even get that. So this morning I'm starting to get ready for work and my husband texts and says that the schools are on a 2 hour delay. So I told the kid. Then I turned on the tv to check on things. Of course the City isn't listed. So I called 311 to check. Nope, no delays. Pretty much Everything else was delayed today at Least! The university, schools, businesses, my freaking bank has a delayed day! So I turned off the tv and was thinking about getting ready for work. Then my husband texts again...the schools just announced they are cancelled for the day!!! WTF??? Idiots! Today is even supposed to be over 40! There is no reason for an entire school day to be cancelled for patchy, icy roads! It still pisses me off though that the City apparently doesn't care about hazardous road conditions and the welfare of their employees still trying to get to work at 730 and 8!!!

No comments: