09 March 2006

Home search

I've been considering buying a house for a while now. But since I have a real full time job now, it's much more of a possibility. So I've been looking around some lately. My mother has also been helping me look since she works fewer hours than I do, so she wanders around looking for homes for sale in areas I like. She did find one over the weekend that is priced ridiculously low for it's size and location. it is missing a couple of things that I was specifically looking for. but those things i can't get for the price i can afford. it does need some fixing up. but just from what i could tell going around the place, most everything it needs done is cosmetic. so that's not a problem. i can take my time taking care of those things. As long as they are not necessary repairs, it doesn't matter and it's a freaking steal. now, i'm a little scared that my mom picked a house for me that i like. so either i was very clear about what i wanted or else we have similar tastes. that is very much the scary part. cuz my mother is a freaking weirdo. but this house just seems so totally great for me!! it's about the size i want. a little smaller actually, but quite a bit bigger than the other houses in my price range! so i gotta go with what i'm able to get. so that's a definite plus. just over 1300 sqft. and it's just me and my junk. and i have a ton of junk. i have a 2br house filled up right now. so spreading it out in a 3br will be nice. i think i really like that house cuz i've already started planning in my mind where i'm going to put things!!! and it has sooo many of the things that i DO want in a house, so those few that it doesn't, i can do without. and besides, those things can be fixed anyway so i do have them! so HA! I just called the lady and told her i'm interested and would like to see a purchase agreement and get things going!! WOOHOOO!!!

1 comment:

joanne said...

Oh my! How exciting! Keep me posted on how it goes!!