01 June 2006

Memorial Weekend

Memorial weekend is always a helluva weekend. We have the NM Games basketball tournament that runs from Friday thru Monday. And I have to work ALL of it. Starting my regular day on friday at 8. Then we went to Johnson gym at about 2:30 I think to start setting up. I started check in at 4:30 for the first game at 5:30. Last game was at 9:30. So after the last game and cleaning up and whatnot we left at 11. Then Saturday had to be there at 6:45 to start check in at 7 for 8am games. Last game was at 9pm. Cleaned up and left at 10:30. Now, instead of doing the responsible thing and going home and sleeping, I decided I'd go to Sneakerz for a "quick" drink. HAHAHAHAA!!! What a maroon!! So I went, had a drink, chatted with folks then started to leave and said bye to everyone. But then i HAD to stay to listen to so-and-so sing...then someone else...then someone else.... then i had to say bye again. HAHA! left my glasses then came back to get them. Then someone snagged my ID from my pocket. So spent quite a while trying to retrieve that. Finally gave up and started to leave, then Dee came running out saying she found it. So I was out WAY longer than I intended to be. Got to sleep about 1am i think. Had to be at the gym again at 6:45. Again the last game was at 9. Left at 1030 again. Then monday, 6:45, BUT this was semi-final and finals day, so the last game was at 1 i think. So afterwards we had to clean up AND tear down and pack up. We were done about 3. Got invited to a BBQ/Pool Party afterwards. So of course i went. Had a couple of drinks and jumped in the pool. Ahh....it felt good!! Then went inside and munched then flopped on the couch and nearly dozed off. Then i decided it was best to get going home before i totally passed out cuz who knows how long i'd be unconscious. So got home and passed out for ELEVEN HOURS!!! HAHAAHAA!! And i'm SURE i could have slept more!! Damn work!! So I ended up going home early Tuesday. That was nice. Went home and relaxed. Took a fun little pain killer a friend of mine gave me and it totally killed my pain in my chest and back from coughing and even that little thing in my throat that was making me cough. It was beautiful. Went to sleep early again. Slept like a rock again, still could have slept more. It hasn't gotten better so I have a dr. appt today. I hope I get some good drugs.

No comments: