29 January 2006

New Shoes

I finally took my car in on Saturday to get new tires and an alignment. I thought I only needed 2 tires, but since my alignment was all out of whack, all the tires needed replacing. So I actually got a pretty good deal and ended up paying just under $400 for all 4 tires and the alignment and labor and everything. Man, did it feel better! Taking turns and corners used to be a little squirrelly and I'd have to slow down a lot. But now, I can take them like I like to and boy do I stick to the road!! it's great!!
Oooh, speaking of sticking to the road...or not rather...I saw a killer accident on my way home from bowling Saturday night. It was on the frontage road that I always take when I get off the freeway to get home. It was blocked off with a couple of ambulances and police cars, so I couldn't see much. Just what looked like the undercarriage of a vehicle facing the traffic. The cops diverted us back up the one way to the last street so I was unable to get a good view. But someone had to be hauling some serious ass to flip on that stretch of road. It's level and there is a gentle curve. But I guess if you are flying and you oversteer, you could probably do it. Couldn't tell what kind of vehicle it was from just the underside. Why do I have this fascination with stuff like that?? Why do I think it's cool?? And if it was some asshole flying thru there being a jerk, then they deserved it. I just wish it would happen to more of those assholes out there. But usually it's some innocent other person who gets thrashed by that idiot running a red light or drunk driving or whatever and nothing happens to the person who caused it. That's the only part that's not cool. But I say, if you are drunk or an asshole driver, just go drive yourself into a brick wall and save us all the trouble of having to deal with you. wow, i went off on a tangent there. oh well. i'm over it.

1 comment:

joanne said...

You went bowling? Aww, I am jealous. What are you doing this Saturday?