16 October 2008

Sick & Tired

Tomorrow, it will be 4 weeks since I first went to the dr. with whatever crap I've got.

It started out in my nose and I possibly had a sinus infection. They gave me some antibiotics that made me totally nauseated so in addition to the crap-like feeling I was already experiencing I felt totally pukey. That was lovely.

A week later, it hadn't gone away, and they tell you, if it doesn't go away, come back. So on a Sunday, off I go to Urgent Care again. Oh, I had started coughing junk up at this point. So they took a chest x-ray just in case cuz the dr. who saw me said quite a few people had come in with pneumonia. No pneumonia for me. Bronchitis. So he gives me a stronger antibiotic. The 5 day zpack. Take that. Nothing really happens.

A week after that, on Monday, I go to the dr. again. Hmm...what could it be? I got some stronger cough medicine since that was still much of my problem. Again, not really doing much for me.

Another week passes, this past Tuesday I go to the dr. again. This one goes over all my past visits. Does a peak flow meter thing to check my lung output. That's fine. Does a strep test since by this time my throat is killing me. He decides that it can't be the same infection because a viral infection shouldn't last this long. There was also no reason for me to have had antibiotics when they said it was bronchitis since it's a virus. But since the antibiotics didn't do anything for that and didn't prevent anything further, it has to be 2 viruses I got. Back to back. Fun stuff. So, he pretty much said that the second one should be nearly done. He gave me more cough medicine since that is still my major issue. (I wonder if they are going to red flag me in the narcotics notebook at the pharmacy???) He pretty much just said to wait it out. Nothing we can do but help alleviate the symptoms. Sigh....hack....sigh...

Oh! I forgot, the most amazingly horrible thing happened yesterday! My throat is still hurting. I discovered the other day that blowing my nose kills my throat!! Yesterday I found out that sneezing makes my throat feel like it's exploding!!!! I swear I thought i was gonna die. It was one of the most painful things I've ever felt. Horrible horrible!

No comments: