05 April 2007

I have returned!

Wow, ever so much has happened since i last wrote. I got married, have a kid (stepdaughter..but still...). Wow! So I got married last month. I'm still working on changing my name on everything. That's been the hardest part. We just had a small ceremony at the courthouse, lunch at Capo's Italian Restaurant and then we went away for the weekend. My mom thought we should have a reception, so she took care of all that and we had it the next weekend. Then my grandma died. She actually had a stroke the day before we got married then passed away exactly 2 weeks later. So that was very hard. Talk about emotional roller coaster! But my husband was such a great comfort to me and really helped me get thru this. I just can't thank him enough!

We've been working on the house and yard to get it ready for the summer when we move his daughter in. we're still going between our house and his mom's house so we didn't have to pull her out of school. Trying to keep up on the weeds so they don't get overgrown like they did last summer. Moving furniture around to make room for the kid in the other bedroom. That's the computer room and junk room right now. so junk needs to come out, computer needs to come out. so all that is going to be out in the living room. i'm getting rid of crap little by little. i've actually hauled off a good deal of stuff. donated some to the thrift store. thrown some away. it's coming along. still have a ways to go....and only two months to get it done til the end of school. oh and the backyard has to be ready for the dogs to come live with us. we have one more gate to build and then i think it's ready. but with all the stickers from last year's weeds, it won't be ready yet. i don't know how we're going to clean them all up. they are probably going to be around for a while. but i guess the dogs will have to live there anyway. oh and we're ordering a bunch of bushes for the backyard, so we need to get the holes dug and all that for them cuz they are bare root and need to be dropped right away when we get them home. so we have a Lot of work ahead of us in the next couple weeks just on the yard itself. blech....

No comments: